Whole Wheat Banana Oat Muffins2019-10-05
- Servings: 12 servings (12 muffins)
- Prep Time: 0m
- Cook Time: 0m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
1 cup rolled oats
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup white sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, or more to taste
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg, or more to taste
3/4 cup milk
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 extra-ripe bananas, mashed
1 cup walnuts, crushed using a rolling pin
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- Combine oats, whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, white sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a medium-sized bowl.
- Lightly beat eggs in a large bowl. Stir in milk, oil, brown sugar, and vanilla extract. Add bananas and mix together well. Add 1/2 the flour mixture and stir to combine. Add remaining flour mixture and stir. Stir nuts into the batter.
- Spoon batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling each 3/4 full.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean, 18 to 20 minutes.