Slow Cooker Tacos al Pastor2019-10-01
- Servings: 10 servings (10 tacos)
- Prep Time: 0m
- Cook Time: 0m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
Slow Cooker Ingredients:
2/3 large pineapple – peeled, cored, and chopped into small chunks
1 small white onion, quartered
1 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, or more to taste
2 dried guajillo chiles, stemmed and seeded, or more to taste
1 dried chile de arbol pepper, stemmed and seeded, or more to taste
3 cloves garlic, halved
1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano
1/2 cup orange juice
2 tablespoons white vinegar
2 tablespoons achiote powder
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon lime zest, or to taste
1/2 teaspoon ground ancho chile powder
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 (3 pound) boneless pork loin, cubed
1 tablespoon canola oil, or more as needed
20 (6 inch) corn tortillas
1/2 cup diced fresh pineapple
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
2/3 white onion, diced
- Place pineapple, onion, chipotle peppers plus 1 1/2 teaspoons adobo sauce, guajillo chiles, chile de arbol, garlic, and oregano in a food processor. Blend until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and add orange juice, vinegar, achiote powder, salt, cumin, lime zest, chile powder, and black pepper. Mix sauce well.
- Place pork in a slow cooker and cover with the sauce. Cover and cook on Low until pork is very tender, 7 to 9 hours. Begin heating tortillas 35 to 40 minutes before pork is done.
- Heat oil in a saucepan over high heat. Cook tortillas one at a time until brown spots appear, 30 seconds to 1 minute per side. Plate tortillas in stacks of two for each taco.
- Shred pork using 2 forks; mix to coat with the sauce. Scoop pork onto tacos using a slotted spoon. Top each with a portion of pineapple, cilantro, and onion.