Scottish Shortbread IV2019-09-19
- Servings: 24 servings (4 dozen)
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
2 cups butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Cream butter and brown sugar. Add 3 to 3 3/4 cups flour. Mix well.
- Sprinkle board with the remaining flour. Knead for 5 minutes, adding enough flour to make a soft dough. Roll to 1/2 inch thickness. Cut into 3×1 inch strips. Prick with fork and place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for 20 to 25 minutes.