Risotto con Zafferano e Pancetta in Pentola a Pressione (Saffron and Pancetta Risotto)2019-09-24
- Servings: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 0m
- Cook Time: 0m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
2 3/4 cups vegetable broth
3 1/2 tablespoons hot water
1 pinch saffron threads
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 onion, thinly sliced
10 1/2 ounces Arborio rice
1/2 cup white wine
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1 3/4 ounces pancetta, cubed
2 tablespoons butter
- Pour vegetable stock into a saucepan over low heat. Cover and keep warm.
- Combine hot water and saffron threads in a small bowl.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a stovetop pressure cooker. Cook and stir onion until softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Add Arborio rice; cook and stir until toasted and coated with oil, 2 to 3 minutes. Increase heat and pour in wine; simmer until alcohol has evaporated and rice has absorbed wine, about 2 minutes.
- Stir vegetable stock and saffron mixture into the pressure cooker. Seal according to manufacturer’s instructions. Increase heat to high; cook until cooker whistles, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low and cook for 4 minutes.
- Remove cooker from heat and release pressure according to manufacturer’s instructions. Remove the lid. Stir in 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, pancetta, and butter. Let stand until rice absorbs remaining stock and Parmesan cheese melts, 2 to 3 minutes.