Phoenician’s Key Lime Pie2019-09-23
- Servings: 8 servings (1 - 9 inch pie)
- Prep Time: 0m
- Cook Time: 0m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
2/3 cup toasted slivered almonds
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup white sugar
1 pinch salt
1/4 cup butter, melted
4 egg yolks
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup key lime juice
3/4 cup cold heavy cream
1/2 teaspoon grated lime zest
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Pulse the almonds in a food processor until finely ground. Combine the almonds with the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and salt. Pour in the melted butter and mix until evenly moistened. Press into a 9-inch pie plate.
- Bake the crust in the preheated oven until golden brown, 10 to 13 minutes.
- While the crust is baking, beat the egg yolks in a bowl with the condensed milk, cream, and lime zest. Whisk in the lime juice a little at a time to thicken the custard. Pour the custard into the pie crust and return to the oven.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes to help the custard begin to set. Cool to room temperature on a wire rack before covering loosely with plastic wrap and refrigerating overnight.