Oatmeal Raisin Molasses Bread2019-09-23
- Servings: 16 servings (2 loaves)
- Prep Time: 0m
- Cook Time: 0m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
1 cup rolled oats
3/4 cup molasses
2 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups boiling water
1 tablespoon white sugar, divided
1/4 cup warm water (about 100 degrees F/38 degrees C)
2 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
4 1/2 cups bread flour
1 1/2 cups raisins
- Place oats, molasses, butter, and salt into the bread maker bowl; add the boiling water.
- Measure 1/4 teaspoon sugar into a small cup and set aside. Pour remaining sugar into the oat mixture and stir. Let mixture cool to about 100 degrees F/38 degrees C, about 20 minutes.
- Pour warm water into the reserved sugar in the small cup; add yeast.
- Pour bread flour atop the oat mixture. Pour yeast mixture over the flour.
- Select Dough setting and press start. Check your owner’s manual to see how long the kneading lasts, so you can add raisins to the dough 5 minutes before it finishes kneading. Let the bread maker run the full dough cycle, about 1 hour, though it will depend on your machine.
- Grease 2 bread pans.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Punch down dough, but do not knead. Separate into two loaves and place in prepared pans; cover each with a damp towel and allow to rise for about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bake in preheated oven until the top is golden brown and the bottom of loaf sounds hollow when tapped, 15 to 20 minutes.