Nut and Fruit Bread2019-10-05
- Servings: 10 servings (1 - 8 x 5 inch loaf)
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup white sugar
3/4 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup raisins
1 tablespoon orange zest
1 cup milk
2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Grease an 8 x 5 inch loaf tin thoroughly. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a small bowl, beat the egg well. Mix in milk and melted butter or shortening.
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together into a mixing bowl. Add sugar, nuts, raisins and orange rind; mix well. Blend egg mixture into fruit and nut mixture until flour is just moistened. Turn batter into greased loaf tin, and allow to stand for 20 minutes.
- Place pan in the center of the oven. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes. Turn bread out on wire rack, and cool for several hours before slicing.