Mom’s Pumpkin Rolls2019-09-18
- Servings: 24 servings (2 dozen rolls)
- Prep Time: 0m
- Cook Time: 0m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
1/2 cup lukewarm water
6 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons butter
1 cup white sugar, or as needed
1 cup scalded milk
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 egg yolk
1/2 teaspoon white sugar, or as needed
- Dissolve yeast in lukewarm water in a bowl. Let stand until the yeast softens and begins to form a creamy foam, about 20 minutes.
- Mix flour, salt, butter, 1 cup white sugar, eggs, and yeast mixture, respectively, in a large bowl. Stir in scalded milk and pumpkin puree until dough consistency is reached. Shape dough into a ball and place in a bowl; cover bowl with a towel. Let rise for 90 minutes.
- Shape dough into 2 dozen knotted rolls; arrange on a baking sheet. Let rise again for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Whisk egg yolk with 1/2 teaspoon white sugar until dissolved; brush tops of rolls.
- Place baking sheet on the bottom rack of preheated oven; bake rolls for 10 minutes. Transfer baking sheet to top rack; bake until rolls are lightly browned, 6 to 10 more minutes.