Moist Vegan Cornbread2019-09-27
- Servings: 12 servings (1 10-inch skillet)
- Prep Time: 0m
- Cook Time: 0m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
2 cups soy milk
2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
2 cups cornmeal
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup canola oil
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1 cup frozen corn kernels
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place a greased, 10-inch cast iron skillet in the preheating oven.
- Mix soy milk and vinegar together in a bowl. Let stand until curdled, about 5 minutes.
- Mix cornmeal, flour, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl.
- Pour oil and maple syrup into the soy milk mixture. Whisk with a fork until foamy, about 3 minutes. Pour over cornmeal mixture and mix until combined. Fold in corn kernels. Pour batter into the hot skillet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 25 to 35 minutes. Slice into squares or wedges.