Matcha Green Tea Bread2019-10-03
- Servings: 8 servings (1 loaf)
- Prep Time: 0m
- Cook Time: 0m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
2 cups bread flour
1 tablespoon superfine sugar
2 teaspoons superfine sugar
1 tablespoon green tea powder (matcha)
1 teaspoon instant yeast
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup milk
2 tablespoons milk
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- Place flour, 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons sugar, green tea powder, yeast, and salt in a mixing bowl and mix by hand. Make a well in the center and pour in 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk and beaten egg. Mix to form a soft dough.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured work surface. Knead until dough becomes smooth and is no longer sticky, about 5 minutes. Knead and mix 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons butter into the dough.
- Continue to knead until dough is smooth and elastic and no longer sticks to the work surface, about 15 minutes. Smooth dough into a ball and place in a mixing bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and let dough rise until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Lightly grease a loaf pan. Remove dough from the bowl and punch out accumulated air. Place on a lightly floured surface and use a rolling pin to roll dough into a large rectangle slightly wider than the length of the loaf pan and as long as possible. Roll dough tightly, Swiss-roll style. Pinch dough to seal the seam tightly. Place seam-side down in the prepared pan and cover with plastic wrap. Let dough rise a second time until it fills 80% of the pan, 45 to 60 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Remove bread from pan immediately and let cool completely before slicing, about 30 minutes.