Loaded Twice-Baked Sweet Potatoes2019-10-04
- Servings: 4 servings (4 sweet potato halves)
- Prep Time: 0m
- Cook Time: 0m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
4 orange-fleshed sweet potatoes
1/2 tablespoon olive oil
1 (8 ounce) package bacon, diced
1/3 cup sliced green onions
1/4 cup diced jalapeno peppers
salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper to taste
cayenne pepper to taste
1/2 cup shredded sharp white Cheddar cheese
2 tablespoons creme fraiche
2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
2 tablespoons shredded sharp white Cheddar cheese, or to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Place sweet potatoes on a baking sheet. Prick with a knife and drizzle with olive oil; rub to coat. Space sweet potatoes evenly apart.
- Bake in the preheated oven until completely tender, about 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add bacon to a pan over medium heat. Cook and stir until bacon starts to get crispy and the fat turns foamy, 4 to 5 minutes. Add green onions and jalapeno; cook and stir for 1 minute. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Let sweet potatoes cool until safe to handle. Leave the oven on. Cut off the top 1/3 of each potato, holding the knife at a 45-degree angle. Scoop out sweet potato flesh from both the top and bottom halves, leaving at least 1/4 inch flesh in the bottoms to make the shells.
- Season the sweet potato flesh with salt, pepper, and cayenne. Add 1/2 cup cheese, creme fraiche, and lime juice. Mash with a potato masher. Add the bacon mixture and mix until combined. Spoon filling into the sweet potato shells. Lightly scatter remaining cheese on top.
- Bake until heated through and tops have started to brown, 20 to 25 minutes.