Linguine a Ragu di Prosciutto2019-09-28
- Servings: 6 servings
- Prep Time: 0m
- Cook Time: 0m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
1/3 cup dried morel mushrooms
4 slices chopped fully cooked ham
4 slices prosciutto
6 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 red onion, diced
1 (10 ounce) can Italian plum tomatoes, drained and diced
1 (16 ounce) package linguine pasta, or more to taste
3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Place morels in a bowl. Cover with lukewarm water and soak for 30 minutes. Drain.
- Place morels, ham, and prosciutto in a food processor. Grind to a coarse mixture.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add the ham mixture. Cook, stirring occasionally, until flavors combine, about 15 minutes.
- Stir tomatoes into the saucepan. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer until sauce is thickened, about 20 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook linguine at a boil until tender yet firm to the bite, about 11 minutes. Drain.
- Fold cream into the sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top and serve over linguine.