Healthy Banana-Oat Muffins2019-10-05
- Servings: 24 servings (24 mini muffins)
- Prep Time: 0m
- Cook Time: 0m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
3 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon flaxseed meal
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup finely ground steel-cut oats
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 ripe bananas, mashed
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
1 egg, lightly whisked
3 tablespoons applesauce
3 tablespoons coconut oil
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
1/2 cup ground walnuts (optional)
1 tablespoon cinnamon sugar, or as needed
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place a rack in the lower third of the oven. Spray a mini muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Combine water and flaxseed meal in a bowl and let sit 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk flour, oats, brown sugar, and salt together in a bowl and set aside.
- Mix thickened flaxseed, bananas, honey, yogurt, egg, applesauce, coconut oil, and vanilla extract together in a bowl. Stir flour mixture into the banana mixture. Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Use an ice cream scooper to scoop batter into the prepared muffin tin. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean but without overbaking, about 18 minutes.
- Let muffins cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Freeze if desired.