Gooey Sweet Potato Butter Cake2019-10-04
- Servings: 12 servings (1 9x13-inch cake)
- Prep Time: 0m
- Cook Time: 0m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
1 stick butter, softened
3 eggs, divided
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 (29 ounce) can sweet potatoes, drained
4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Stir cake mix, butter, and 1 egg together in a large mixing bowl until no lumps remain. Press the mixture into the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking pan.
- Blend remaining eggs, cream cheese, and vanilla extract together in a bowl using an electric hand mixer. Add sweet potatoes and continue mixing on medium speed until most of the lumps are gone. Stir confectioners’ sugar in slowly, 1 cup at a time, until the mixture is smooth and batter-like in consistency. Pour batter into the baking dish, on top of the first layer.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the top just barely jiggles, 50 to 55 minutes.
- Cool cake at least 30 minutes before cutting. Keep a cup of warm water nearby to dip knife into while slicing, to prevent sticking.