Delicious Carne Asada2019-10-01
- Servings: 16 servings (5 pounds carne asada)
- Prep Time: 0m
- Cook Time: 0m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
5 pounds beef skirt steak, thinly sliced
1 cup water
1 orange, sliced
2/3 cup orange juice
2/3 cup lime juice
1/2 cup red wine vinegar
1 lime, sliced
1 bunch fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 tablespoon salt
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon ground white pepper
1 tablespoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon dried Mexican oregano
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1 tablespoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Place beef in a large resealable plastic bag.
- Combine water, orange slices, orange juice, lime juice, vinegar, lime slices, cilantro, oil, salt, garlic, white pepper, black pepper, oregano, cumin, chili powder, and cloves in a large bowl. Whisk to combine. Pour marinade on top of the beef and seal the bag.
- Marinate beef in the refrigerator, 2 hours to overnight.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate. Grill beef over direct heat until firm and slightly pink in the center, 2 to 3 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 140 degrees F (60 degrees C) for medium.