- Servings: 8 servings
- Prep Time: 0m
- Cook Time: 0m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
2 pounds ground beef
1 small onion, chopped (optional)
2 (7 ounce) packages sweet yellow cornbread mix (such as Martha White®)
1 cup milk
1 (15 ounce) can creamed corn
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
2 tablespoons butter, or more to taste (optional)
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir beef in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain and discard grease. Add onion; cook until soft, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Combine cornbread mix, milk, and eggs in a large bowl. Stir in creamed corn.
- Spread beef-onion mixture in the bottom of a baking dish. Spread Cheddar cheese on top. Pour cornbread batter over cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 17 to 22 minutes. Spread butter over the top. Let cool for 5 minutes before cutting.