- Servings: 30 servings
- Prep Time: 0m
- Cook Time: 0m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
5 ounces honey
4 ounces white sugar
3 ounces chopped pine nuts
3 ounces chopped walnuts
3 ounces chopped almonds
3 ounces chopped candied pineapple
3 ounces chopped crystallized ginger
3 ounces chopped dried dates
2 ounces unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
1/3 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar, or as needed for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Line an 8- or 9-inch baking pan with a removable bottom with rice paper or parchment paper, including the sides.
- Combine honey and sugar in a small pan over low heat and stir until sugar is dissolved, about 3 minutes. Bring to a gentle boil, and do not stir once syrup begins to boil. Heat to 240 degrees F (115 degrees C) or until a small amount of syrup dropped into cold water forms a soft ball that flattens when removed from water and placed on a flat surface. Remove from heat and stir in pine nuts, walnuts, almonds, pineapple, ginger, dates, cocoa powder, coriander, allspice, and nutmeg. Mixture will be very stiff.
- Press mixture into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and place pan on a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Remove panforte from the baking pan and dust with confectioners’ sugar.