Carnitas – Pressure Cooker2019-09-24
- Servings: 24 servings (6 -pound pork butt)
- Prep Time: 0m
- Cook Time: 0m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
1 (6 pound) pork butt roast
1 1/2 tablespoons salt
1 tablespoon dried oregano
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon chile powder
1/2 teaspoon paprika
2 tablespoons olive oil, or more to taste
1 cup orange juice
1 onion, coarsely chopped
4 cloves garlic, diced, or more to taste
- Trim excess fat from pork butt; cut pork into 2-inch cubes and transfer to a bowl.
- Combine salt, oregano, cumin, black pepper, chile powder, and paprika together in a bowl. Rub pork cubes with spice mixture. Coat seasoned pork cubes lightly in olive oil; place in pressure cooker. Cover pork cubes with orange juice, onion, and garlic.
- Place lid on pressure cooker and lock; bring to full pressure over medium heat until pork is no longer pink in the center, about 60 minutes. Let pressure come down naturally, about 15 minutes.
- Remove pork from pressure cooker and shred meat.