Air Fryer Falafel2019-10-02
- Servings: 15 servings (15 falafel)
- Prep Time: 0m
- Cook Time: 0m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
1 cup dry garbanzo beans
1 1/2 cups fresh cilantro, stems removed
3/4 cup fresh flat-leafed parsley, stems removed
1 small red onion, quartered
1 clove garlic
2 tablespoons chickpea flour
1 tablespoon ground coriander
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1 tablespoon sriracha sauce
salt and ground black pepper to taste
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Soak chickpeas in a large amount of cool water for 24 hours. Rub the soaked chickpeas with your fingers to help loosen and remove skins. Rinse and drain well. Spread chickpeas on a large clean dish towel to dry.
- Blend chickpeas, cilantro, parsley, onion, and garlic in a food processor until a rough paste forms. Transfer mixture to a large bowl. Add chickpea flour, coriander, cumin, sriracha, salt, and pepper and mix well. Cover bowl and let mixture rest for 1 hour.
- Preheat an air fryer to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Add baking powder and baking soda to the chickpea mixture. Mix using your hands until just combined. Form 15 equal-sized balls and press slightly to form patties. Spray falafel patties with cooking spray.
- Place 7 falafel patties in the preheated air fryer and cook for 10 minutes. Transfer cooked falafel to a plate and repeat with remaining 8 falafel, cooking for 10 to 12 minutes.